Work Program Funding
The Work Program Office offers financial support for student work crew members and supervisors to participate in professional development opportunities. These opportunities range from taking continuing education classes to presenting at national conferences, bringing experts to campus and participating in skill enhancing workshops.
Work Program Funding can be used to cover registration, transportation, food and lodging for these professional development opportunities.
Successful applicants must articulate how the event will help integrate the work of their work with the rest of their Triad experience. In support of institutional priorities, precedence is given to requests that support the development of diversity at Warren Wilson College.
Eligibility for Funds
For students to be awarded funding, the following criteria must be met:
- Be in good standing across campus (not on any probation)
- Have current academic and work GPAs of 2.8 or higher
- Professors must pre-approve any absences from classes
- Work crew supervisor must pre-approve the request and any absence from work
For employees to be awarded funding, the following criteria must be met:
- Be a supervisor of record for a currently functioning work crew
- Supervisor must pre-approve the request and any absence from work
Application for Funds
All funding requests must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event or the latest registration date.
Do you have questions about receiving funding? For more information, please see Chapter 9.4.4 of the Student Handbook and contact Ellen Graves at email@example.com or (828) 771-2007.