Award Letter

New Students: You may receive estimated awards (as an incoming student) from the Financial Aid Office. Please remember that estimated awards is just that – an estimate. Your final award letter may be greater or less than your estimated awards based on the other information we receive from you. Final award letters will be available after the FAFSA is finalized,  and all requested documents are submitted and reviewed by the Financial Aid Office. Once the FAFSA and any requested paperwork is received, a final Award Letter will be prepared and mailed to you at the address on file with the Admission Office (new students).

Currently Enrolled Students: For currently enrolled students, once your FAFSA is finalized and any requested paperwork is received, a final Award Letter will be available for you on Net Partner (replaces CampusWEB effective for the 2017-2018 academic year). An email will be sent to you alerting you to the availability of the award on Net Partner.

The Financial Aid Office awards need-based aid, which means that it is contingent on the results of the FAFSA. Your award will consist of the Federal Direct Loan (either Subsidized, Unsubsidized, or a combination of both) and work earnings (Federal Work-Study, Federal Work College, or Institutional). In addition, depending on need, you may be eligible for WWC institutional need-based Grant, federal grant funds, and/or state aid programs.

WWC students are eligible to participate in North Carolina, Rhode Island, or Vermont state grant programs depending upon residency, eligibility, and having met the state’s FAFSA application deadline.

The Financial Aid Office will discuss this award and any resulting questions with the student and parent(s) whose tax information is disclosed on the FAFSA. The award will be discussed with other parties only after receiving written permission from the student and the custodial parent(s). The custodial parent is that biological or step-parent whose asset/income information has been reported on the FAFSA.

In order to accept your financial aid, you will need to accept or decline each award on the Accept Awards tab of Net Partner.  Any outstanding forms or documents can be viewed on Net Partner under the pending requirements tab.

If you wish to accept the loans that are offered, first time borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at as well as accept loans on the Accept Awards tab of Net Partner.