How to Apply – Veterans’ Administration Benefits

Warren Wilson College is an approved institution for veterans to attend and receive VA educational benefits through Chapters 35, 106, 30 and 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) in all of our undergraduate programs. Our Master of Fine Arts is an approved program for Chapter 33; however, it is approved for tuition and fees only, and does not include housing benefits. The College does not participate in “Yellow Ribbon.”

If you, the veteran, have never received your VA educational benefits, you need to go on-line at to make application. Keep a copy of that application for yourself and make a copy for the Financial Aid Office at WWC. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) confirming your eligibility for the benefits for which you applied. Also make a copy of your COE for the Financial Aid Office.

If you have received VA educational benefits at a previous college, you need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training on-line at Keep a copy of that form for yourself and make a copy for the Financial Aid Office at WWC. You will receive a new Certificate of Eligibility (COE) confirming your remaining eligibility for the benefits for which you applied. Also make a copy of your COE for the Financial Aid Office.

Your eligibility for VA educational benefits will not affect your eligibility for Title IV aid (Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loans, Federal Work Study, Federal SEOG, etc.). So you are encouraged to complete the FAFSA. Your VA benefits MAY affect your eligibility for state aid depending upon the policies of your state of residency.

Please contact your nearest Veterans’ Administration office for counseling if you have questions about your eligibility for educational benefits. You may also go on-line or call 1-888-442-4551. If you go on-line and then into Benefits/Education, you will also find a link for e-mails.

In February 2014 the Department of Veterans Affairs went live with the GI Bill Comparison Tool at This tool assists students to determine their eligibility, and then chose their school. Students will chose their status (ie. veteran, active duty, spouse, child or reserve/guard). It will then tell them the percentage of Tuition and Fees payable at the school selected, and calculates the BAH (at full time and considering their eligibility percentage) and provides the maximum book stipend based on their eligibility percentage. The tool also provides information of number of VA students at the selected school, graduation rates, loan default rates, and median borrowing at the selected school. You are encouraged to use this tool to assist you in your decision-making process.

The Department of Veterans Affairs recently developed the Employment Center (, which is the single federal source for Veterans looking for new career opportunities in the private and public sectors, as well as servicemembers transitioning to the civilian workforce, military spouses and dependents looking for employment opportunities, G.I. Bill beneficiaries transitioning from training to the job market and employers looking to connect with high quality applicants. This new site integrates multiple tools and resources for both job seekers and employers, including the Veterans Job Bank.

Veterans, servicemembers, military spouses or a dependent who is either unemployed or looking for a different career opportunity, are strongly encouraged to check out the new Employment Center. Once on the site the Skills Translator translates military skills to civilian skills or the Resume Builder tool is available to assist with developing a resume. Resumes created on the site will be available for viewing by both private and public sector employers who are specifically looking to hire Veterans. Visit and click on the Employment Center tab on the top navigation bar to create and post your resume. This will ensure that employers looking to hire veterans have access to your resume online.