International Application

Apply Now for 2017!

Apply using The Common Application.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Fall 2017 semester is November 1, 2016.

How to Complete Your International Application

Please answer every question fully. If you find that a question does not pertain to you, please answer with a “n/a.” Failure to complete any of the forms or to send the requested information will result in unnecessary delays.

Use this as your check sheet. All materials submitted must be in English.

  1. Warren Wilson College uses the Common Application.
  2. Original or certified copies of your secondary (high school) transcript.
  3. Original or certified copies of any examination certificates (i.e. African Examination Council, Bagrut, GCE, IB, AP, etc).
  4. Original or certified copies of advanced university course work/degrees/exams; university catalog and course descriptions must be included so that we can evaluate them for transfer credit.
  5. Demonstrated English proficiency proved with one of the methods detailed here.
  6. Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a teacher.
  7. The CollegeBoard International Student Financial Aid Application.
  8. Verification of income. A statement from employer verifying parent’s employment/salary and/or a letter from a bank to verify average balance over the past six months (savings and checking).
  9. Sponsor’s Affidavit of Support giving SPECIFIC U.S. Dollar amounts and supporting evidence of adequate resources (Form I-134, U.S. Embassy).

Certified copies are copies that a representative from your school or testing agency has verified as being true copies of the originals. All documents should be received by February 1 for the Fall semester or November 1 for the Spring semester. Keep copies of everything for your personal files. If you are accepted for admission, you will receive written notification. The return address for all material is :

Office of Admission
Warren Wilson College
P.O. Box 9000 Asheville, NC
28815-9000 USA

Passport, Visa, and Travel

Information on Student Visas

Before leaving your home country, you must obtain a passport from your government and a visa from the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are academically and financially accepted you will be sent a letter of admission. The appropriate form is an I-20. With this you may obtain a student visa (F1) for entry into the United States. The I-20 will be sent to you when we receive your fees and one half of the amount of one year’s tuition, room and board. To meet U.S. Government regulations as a full-time, undergraduate student on the F-1 or J-1 visas, you must enroll for a minimum of 12 semester hours each semester enrolled. Applicants should check restrictions about off-campus work and length of stay on a student visa.

When coming to Warren Wilson, students may fly to the Asheville Regional Airport, a full-service airport with excellent connections to international airports such as Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC.

Financial Information

Warren Wilson provides International Student Grants in varying amounts to qualified applicants. International students have the opportunity to work on campus on a full-time basis during the college vacations and breaks, earning additional income, from $1,000 to $3,000.

Apply using The Common Application.